April 12th, 2023
NW3 is a postcode district in North West London that covers Hampstead, Chalk Farm, Primrose Hill, Swiss Cottage, Belsize Park, Gospel Oak, Frognal and Childs Hill. It is a popular and affluent area with a rich cultural and historical heritage. If you are looking for a local guide to NW3, here are some tips on what to see and do, as well as where to live.
What to see and do in NW3:
- Visit Hampstead Heath, a large park with woodlands, ponds, hills and stunning views of London. You can enjoy walking, cycling, swimming, picnicking or just relaxing in this green oasis.
- Explore Hampstead Village, a charming neighbourhood with quaint streets, independent shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. You can also visit the Hampstead Museum at Burgh House, the Freud Museum, the Keats House Museum and Fenton House.
- Discover Primrose Hill, a hilltop park with panoramic views of London’s skyline. It is also a fashionable area with celebrity residents, chic boutiques and trendy eateries.
- Check out Chalk Farm, a lively area with vibrant nightlife, music venues and street art. You can also find the Roundhouse, a former railway shed turned into a cultural centre that hosts concerts, theatre and circus shows.
- Enjoy Swiss Cottage, a modern and cosmopolitan area with a range of amenities, including the Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre, the Odeon Cinema and the Hampstead Theatre.
- Admire Belsize Park, a leafy and elegant area with grand Victorian houses, stylish flats and gardens. You can also find the Everyman Cinema, a cosy and luxurious venue that shows independent and mainstream films.
- Experience Gospel Oak, a diverse and multicultural area with a mix of social housing and terraced houses. You can also find the Parliament Hill Lido, an outdoor swimming pool that is open all year round.
- Visit Frognal, a quiet and exclusive area with detached mansions and large gardens. You can also find the University College School, one of the top independent schools in London.
- Explore Childs Hill, a residential and affordable area with semi-detached houses and flats. You can also find Golders Hill Park, a lovely park with a zoo, a butterfly house and a bandstand.
Where to live in NW3:
NW3 is one of the most expensive postcode districts in London, with an average property price of £1.6 million as of January 2023. However, there is a variety of housing options to suit different budgets and preferences. Here are some examples of typical properties for sale or rent in NW3:
- A two-bedroom apartment in Bridge Approach, Adelaide Road, NW3 6AG for £740,000 or £2,500 per month
- A five-bedroom detached house in Elsworthy Road, Primrose Hill, NW3 3NA for £25 million or £100,000 per month
- A one-bedroom flat in Haverstock Hill, Chalk Farm, NW3 2BH for £400,000 or £1,400 per month
- A four-bedroom terraced house in Belsize Park Gardens, Belsize Park, NW3 4LH for £2.5 million or £8,000 per month
- A three-bedroom semi-detached house in Squires Mount, Hampstead, NW3 7QG for £1.2 million or £4,000 per month
NW3 is a postcode district that offers a high quality of life, with beautiful scenery, culture, history and entertainment. Whether you are looking for a place to live or just to visit, NW3 has something for everyone.